This was for a customer who wanted 70 Liters for multi day ski mountaineering, but could compress/strip down the pack for day use. It's a fully featured pack with lots of custom options and fitting.
- Extra long shoulder straps with Avalung fitting straps in two positions.
- stretch woven shovel pocket against the back panel for easy acces to probe, shovel ect when used as a day pack.
- alloy "D" rings to thread with shockcord for crampons. the aluminum rings won't break in the cold.
- waist belt to fit 38" waist.
- 70L. this was a custom design, but I'm going to add it as standard pack. AM70
- fully polyethylene frame sheet with single, full sized, aluminum stay. this ads 13 ounces to the finished pack. unlike most frame sheets I bind the entire perimeter with 1" nylon webbing to prevent abrasion to the pack fabric.
Standard ,but some optional, features I offer for the Alpine Machine packs:
- Dual use bivy extension that can close with a drawcord OR be used as a roll top without the lid
- removable lid
- removable lid straps
- doubled 3/8" (10mm) closed cell back pad.
- Waterproof YKK side access zipper
- custom harness fitting included in the price
- all ITW/Fastex hardware/buckles are replaceable
- Gear loops and clipper slots on the hip belt-both sides
- ice tool sleeve & extra layer of Dyneema crampon patch
- Wand pockets-for wands,pickets tent poles ect. these don't fit water bottles. But I can build them that way
cost on this pack was $700 plus shipping