Alpine Luddites frame bag
Unlike seat bags, I don't build stock sized frame bags. there are too many variations, tube diameters, and materials to make stock bags work well for most customers. all it takes is a quick look at any good independent bike brand to see the reality of stock sizes. so, while you have to get in line to get a frame bag, rest assured you will be getting exactly what you want.
The single zipper bag is designed for any sized frame. The frame bags are typically made from Dimension-Polyant laminated X Pac fabrics.
- VX51, 500x1000 Denier Cordura nylon laminate, is used in high abrasion areas, around the perimeter where the bag hits the frame.
- VX21, VX42 nylon packcloth laminate, is used on the side panels.
- #10 YKK water resistant zips used on all load-bearing openings.
Each bag is custom made. I will need the following:
- frame brand, model, size & year
- inside length of the top tube, seat tube, down tube and if you have a bigger frame the head tube.
- for Carbon, Ti or Alloy frames I need accurate tube measurements as shown in the photos. if the changing shape at any place on the tube I need the measurement and its location marked on the triangle tracing. Steel frames have less variability in tube size. I have a fleet of steel bike to work off of.
- For full suspension bikes, I need tracing of your front triangle. I will also need any strap locations /bottles cages w/ bottles so we have no fit issues.