Scheduled classes: August 1-4, september 5-8th
please contact me directly if you are interested in a private class. max class size is 3 students. 1 on 1 or upto 3 participantes. Corporate/ student groups are more than welcome. Project scope can be tailored to your requirements. the class description below still stands but wide project scope.
Where: Alpine Luddites studio, Peacham Vermont
Project:top loading pack- see below for models.
Cost: $1550-includes all materials.
Space: limited to three students
hours: 10-5 over 4 days.
- No prior sewing experience needed!
- The class will introduce you to industrial sewing machines, techniques, how to make and adjust patterns
- I'll walk you through making a pattern to fit you, how to sew, install zippers, fabric selection and the details that go into making long lasting gear.
- you get to make your own pack! options:
White Light/White Heat climbing pack
New Day Rising , no lid.
any top loading classic pack. The Fish pack, Pinnacle, Hot Ice.
- If you go with a NDR or WL/WH pack you'll be able to set this up as a climbing, ski or backpacking specific pack.
- all in stock fabrics and components are made available to you as part of the course material fee. This includes all fabrics except Dyneema. If you want certain Trim colors that I don't normally stock I'll make it happen
- throughout the class i'll answer any questions about any bags or packs I build
- If it get too tricky I'll lend a hand and make sure you leave with a great pack.
I'll follow up class registration with an informational email.
No refunds unless there is someone waiting to take your place.